Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brad & Kara - Maternity Shoot

I was so honored when this couple contacted me about doing a maternity/baby shoot.  I photographed their wedding back in 2009 and had such a blast.  This is one of my favorite stories, I hope they don't mind if I tell it.  Brad & Kara did their photo shoot when Kara was 35.5 weeks pregnant, we had a great time.  They didn't know if they were having a boy or a girl so we put both a girls name and a boys name on the chalkboard and took pictures.  After the shoot was over, I contacted Kara and let her know  that they had left a few changes of clothes at my house.  I asked her if she wanted me to hang on to them for another 4 weeks until the baby was born, or mail them to her.  A few days went by before I head from her and when I did, she had had the baby!!  Little Mia Rose came 4 weeks early, 48 hours after they left my house, and surprised us all!!  Good thing we got these maternity pictures when we did.







No comments: