Monday, November 1, 2010

First Birthday Party

I haven't written in a month because I've been planning the mother of all birthday parties!  This past weekend we celebrated K's first birthday.  We decided to do a Halloween/first birthday party so the kiddos could wear their costumes.  Who doesn't love to see a bunch of one year olds in costumes?  Thanks to all who attended we had a blast!

I've been taking a picture a day (roughly) of K since he was born.  I decided to do something with some of the photos for the party.  I had seen this online before here and really liked it.


 This was my first time etching a pumpkin, and I think it turned out pretty good.




Additional party decorations......


It was supposed to rain, so we decided to decorate the garage to have more space.  Not the prettiest place to take pictures, but it worked out.  Lucky for us it only rained a little bit.  The lanterns I made following Martha Stewart's directions.


I got so involved in the party, I forgot to take too many pictures of the food.  For lunch we had some kid-friendly comfort foods.  Homemade (non-spicy) chili, macaroni and cheese, chicken wings, green and fruit salads, and some huge pieces of cornbread!  (The mini hot dogs were actually appetizers)


I'm a huge dessert person so I felt like we needed some varieties.  Guests could take a little of everything home with them.




And last but not least, it was time for cake!  K had a really good time with it.





 All in all I think the party was a success!



2 comments:

Hollywood Megastore said...

Hello,
Great blog i like it
One of the more interesting things to collect, however, which would make anyone envious of the celebrity collectibles, are actual props from the films which these actors have appeared in.

Party decoration

Melissa said...

I was searching around on google for first birthday ideas and saw your pumpkin. My son's is in August and I thought it would be cute to do with a watermelon so I clicked through to pin it and was surprised to see your son's name is Kellen too! I think that means I really do need to do this! :D